Saturday, June 6, 2020

Christmas Snowflake

Another Christmas card for the pile. I die cut the snowflake from masking paper and placed it on white cardstock. I brushed the blue ink around it. Then I mixed some white Perfect Pearls with water and spritzed it on for some pretty sparkle. I wasn't sure what to do with it, so I let it sit for a couple days. I decided to just cut it in a circle and then I cut a scalloped circle to mat it with. I felt it needed a little more, so I added the white dots. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. I found some Gina K patterned paper for the background. For some reason, I thought it needed some red! So I used some red and white twine. I've had it for quite a while and I don't know if I've ever used it. (I have a pack of about six colors.) I mounted the circle on foam squares.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Great snowflake on that circle with the added dots of white! You found the perfect paper for the background. The color matched so well!

Leslie Miller said...

Your snowflake panel is beautiful with the gentle shading. Really pretty paper for the background, too. So, you used a little more paper and made card #37 for Christmas!

Cheryl W said...

I think red and turquoise is my favorite color combination for Christmas cards. Some years I make a lot of mine using that combination. Your card turned out beautifully. I love how your snowflake turned out. Did you use your blending brushes? The DSP was a great match, too.