Saturday, June 13, 2020

Rose Heart Anniversary

I think it was last year at our Group Gathering (more about our Gathering later in the post) that I got some sheets of gorgeous paper/cardstock from a friend. I've been hoarding them and it's time to use them! (Or at least some of them.) So for this card, I simply cut down the sheet (which is very shimmery), matted it with purple and black cardstocks and mounted on an ivory card base, and added the sentiment (my favorite, as you can tell since I use it a LOT!) from Papertrey Ink, embossed in black.

Our annual Group Gathering has been cancelled for this year. 😕 So sad - we've been meeting every year in June since (I think!) 2007. We were to meet tomorrow in Ankeny, IA, but obviously it's not possible this year. We will be meeting by Zoom, though!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Such a beautiful piece to use for an Anniversary card! And of course that great anniversary sentiment!

Cheryl W said...

That really is some gorgeous paper. I can see why you have been saving it. It's perfect for an anniversary card. So many gatherings have been cancelled this year. We won't know how to act when we are able to freely get together again.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! That's some gorgeous paper, for sure, and it couldn't be a more perfect anniversary card. It's sad that you had to cancel and I sure hope you'll be able to do it next year. I'm starting to feel some of the restrictions and need to get away somewhere.