Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Monoprinting

I'm not exactly sure what monoprinting is, but here is my card from the Spring On-line Card Classes for that lesson. It calls for either a gel plate (don't know what that is, and I don't have one) or a large, background clear stamp. I don't have a large clear background stamp, either. So, I used my embossing mat for my BIGkick. It worked OK. (Except, see below.) I added ink to the mat randomly and then used a brayer to make it cover the mat. Then I used a leaf stamp from Sunny Studio. I tapped the stamp onto the ink and then stamped it onto a piece of white cardstock. I did that repeatedly, wiping the stamp off between stampings, until the cardstock was covered. Then I put another piece of cardstock onto the mat covered with ink, and brayered over that to remove the ink from the mat to the cardstock. There was a section in the middle that I didn't want on this first card so I cut it out. I mounted the top and bottom pieces on foam squares. I added thin strips of black. Then I added the die-cut hello, which is four layers thick.

Here is the cardstock that I stamped with the colored ink. And this card uses the piece that I cut out of the first card. I had tried using some sort of embossing plate with the mat quite a while ago, and I guess it left a permanent indentation on the mat. You can see the design in the sentiment piece. I thought it was okay for this card, though. I stamped a sentiment from Papertrey Ink on it, matted with black and added to the card front.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Mary said...

Both of your cards are beautiful!


Mary from NH

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

You were really able to improvise when you didn't have the things the class called for! I especially like the first card!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie Miller said...

Wow, I love how this looks -- both pieces! I don't have a gel plate, either, but I might have a clear stamp that would work. I didn't know there was that option. I like the pattern due to the impression in your mat. It all looks very cool and your cards are really pretty!

Cheryl W said...

Both of your cards turned out really nice. It was a great idea to use an inked mat and a stamp to create your two backgrounds. I'm not sure I would have been clever enough to think of making two backgrounds in the process. I probably would have just wiped the stamp off with a paper towel.