Saturday, January 29, 2022

Have a Great Day!


This embossed and cut-out oval was in the card parts that I really wanted to get used up. I think (once again!) that all of my parts are either used or up filed neatly away in a binder. Yippee! I used a Nestability to cut the scalloped oval mat out of metallic purple cardstock. I stamped the sentiment on the oval. The flower is a really old shimmery, white flower from the wedding section of Michael's that I colored with a marker. I used a punch (EK Success) to cut the leafy sprigs. I also used a marker to color the butterfly stamped in the sentiment. I added a teeny, tiny button to the flower center. I used a die plate for the top of the panel and a Darice embossing folder for the bottom of the panel, and I added two scored lines between the top and bottom. Kind of retro!

I asked for Waffle Flower's rectangular layer dies for Christmas, and then I bought the in-between set after Christmas. I haven't used them a ton, but I do really love them and I hope I get in the habit of using them instead of my paper cutter.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

So delicate and so pretty!

Cheryl W said...

This is really pretty, but I can imagine how it looks even prettier in person. I've never used layering dies, except on slimline cards. I don't know if I could get myself in the habit of using them or not. It's so easy to use my guillotine cutter, that I think I might get lazy and resort to that, especially when I'm in a hurry.

Patti J said...

Oh my…I totally love the split background! What a gorgeous card!

Leslie Miller said...

I just think this card is sooooo sweet and pretty, Lynette! Lots of texture. I have some of those flowers that a friend sent me. Dies do give a nice edge. The little oval is just as cute as can be!