Tuesday, January 18, 2022

"Retro" Birthday

I was doing a little bit of organizing of my "card parts" last week (imagine that - more organizing! It's almost as much fun as creating) and this flower got left out on my table. I do believe the dies are from My Favorite Things. For some reason, I decided to pull out my oldest items and use them to make this card. The stamps (the stem and the two words) are from the very first Papertrey Ink set called "Paper Tray." The pink embossed strip is done with my very first border embossing folder set, and the bottom portion of the main panel was embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder, which was one of my first, if not THE first of MANY folders that I purchased. The flower is mounted on foam squares.

We have an Alexa Show and it is connected to photos on our computer. Lately, she has been showing photos of really old cards that I have made, and I'm amazed at how much I really like most of them! Fun. I just may have to go back and remake some of them.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Cheryl W said...

This turned out so cute! I really like the embossing on the flower center. It adds more interest than having just a plain circle there. I think I have that border EF, and it was one of the first ones I got, too. Haven't used it in...years? Maybe I should get some of those border EFs out and make some borders from leftover strips to have on hand.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

That is a very happy flower! Wouldn't it be fun to make one with a yellow center and put a smiley face on it? Great card!

Leslie Miller said...

I love the old stuff! I still have some of my firsts, too. I believe the Swiss Dot folder was my very first of a long line of embossing folders. I'm glad to see all these things come out to play. I have to agree... in my world the organizing is almost as fun as creating. It's all part of "playing in my room". A very cute and happy card, Lynette!