Sunday, October 25, 2009

2RedBananas Banana Split Sunday Challenge - A Recipe

Today's card is for this week's 2RedBananas Banana Split Sunday challenge. The challenge this week is to use a square, the color red, and three buttons. Sound fun? We'd love to have you join us!

The stamps I used are from two of the soon-to-be released sets for October. I paper-pieced Penny's pajamas, the tree, and the tree skirt. The rest was colored with markers. Oh, and the star was colored with a gold sparkly gel pen. I added some red grosgrain ribbon along the left side and scored a line on each side of it with my Scor-Pal. I used a glittery gel pen to trace the letters in the sentiment, but you can't see that in the picture. I matted the image panel with printed paper and Real Red cardstock. The sentiment is matted with Real Red as well, and mounted on Dimensionals. The holly leaves were cut with a Sizzix die and I added buttons from Stampin' Up! for the holly berries.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

7 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

What a cute little girl! Love the way you put the holly with the buttons down in the corner.

Harriet Skelly said...

Very cute Lynette! I love the holly leaves with the buttons!

Dawn B. said...

This is just adorable Lynette. I love the way you colroed the image.. The holly is perfect for the buttons. Great job.

Barbara said...

Oh, isn't she cute!! Super sketch and you make it so fun.

Barb

Leigh said...

Lynette, your card is excellent.

Suzie said...

She is so cute, Lynette!!! Beautiful work!

Mary said...

These images are all so adorable. I love your Christmas card.

Mary