Sunday, October 11, 2009

2RedBananas Color Challenge

This card is for 2RedBanana's Challenge for this week. It's a color challenge this time - orange, purple and black. Why don't you play along - it will be fun! Edited to add: Here is a direct link to the challenge post.

I know those should probably be Halloween colors, but I wanted to do something different. This is what I came up with. I used glossy white cardstock. (Actually, I used photo paper.) I first brayered Stampin' Up!'s Pumpkin Pie on the top three-fourths of the card. Then I punched a circle and put it over the Pumpkin Pie and brayered again with Pumpkin Pie. Then I brayered Tangerine Tango on the very top and down a little ways. I next brayered with Almost Amethyst starting at the bottom and working my way up. Next I brayered with Lovely Lilac on the bottom. I stamped the trees from SU!'s Lovely as a Tree. The quote is from 2RedBananas' set Wrapped In His Love. I matted the brayered and stamped piece on black cardstock.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

10 comments:

Sheri said...

this is a beautiful card. I love the colors you used for the challenge. You nailed this one. I would have also thought Halloween. Good job of thinking outside of the box!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Beautiful card! I really like the look of silhouette cards.

Tami said...

This is a neat card Lynette. It was so great seeing you last week. I did cave and turn the furnace on yesterday. I could not take it anymore. Did you go to the RS Expo? Me NO!!!

Mary said...

nette this is an absolutely gorgeous card. I think that the colors that you used certainly can be used for Halloween. I *love* that stamp set. I checked it out after seeing your card. :) Time for me to get my brayer out and use it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Mary

Maria Matter said...

wow, this is absolutely beautiful!!!
Blessings, Maria

Deb said...

Simply gorgeous! So very elegant and peaceful! Love it!

Danni said...

My word! This is stunning!! Wow! Gorgeous!!

Dawn B. said...

Lynette this is so pretty.. I love the way you used these colors.. Perfect sentiment...

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

OMG THIS IS AWESOME!! WOW looks like a perfect MN evening in the Fall!! This is just fantastic!!
hugz
deb

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! I love that gradation in the color, and the beautiful trees. Inspiring!