Sunday, October 4, 2009

2RedBananas Challenge - Halloween Project


This week's 2RedBananas Challenge is to make a Halloween project. I wasn't sure what to do, as "projects" are not my thing. Several years ago, my friend Anne sent me a Halloween treat - a bag of microwave popcorn in a cute little holder. I decided to copy that as my project, using two packages of instant hot cocoa instead.

I started with a piece of orange cardstock 5 x 8 1/2 inches. I stamped it with some leaves from an Inkadinkado set with Versafine Black Onyx. I scored a double line on each side for folding. I punched a hole for the ribbon. I stamped Jack-o-Lantern Penny (from 2RedBananas) on a piece of white cardstock and colored her with markers. I mounted her on shimmery black paper and added her to the front of the holder. For the back, I used a Stampin' Up! stamp and punches. I used black fun flock on the spider's body, then glued a couple pearls for the eyes, adding a black dot with a Sharpie marker. The sentiment is from a set I got at JoAnn's a few years ago. The other two stamps are from Inkadinkado. The back pieces are mounted on shimmery black, as well. I added the ribbon, then put the hot chocolate packets in and tied the bow. When you pull the ribbon up, the packets come up. (I apologize if you can not click on the pictures to enlarge them. I have problems with Blogger when I upload more than two pictures in on post.)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Teresa said...

Very cute bag. Thanks for the directions too.

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

OHHH this is awesome!!! Love that little gal image! To cute!
Great job!!
hugz
deb

Barbara said...

These images are terrific! I really like cute witches. The bag is a great little goblin gift.

Barb

Dawn B. said...

I need to try one of these. I really like this idea for Halloween.. Super job and thanks for this inspirational project..

Wendy said...

This little bag is so cute! What a great idea. And I love how you colored Penny, you are really good at that.