Monday, October 5, 2009

Two Cards - One Folder


I have two cards today using another new Cuttlebug folder called Flourish Frame.

The first one (not a great photo) is a super-simple one I made for my mom. I actually did it for a SplitCoastStampers challenge last week, but didn’t end up uploading it. The challenge was to embellish your sentiment somehow – even by just adding a gem to dot an “i” which is what I did. I did the embossing directly on the card front, stamped the sentiment (from All-Night Media) with Papertrey Ink’s Berry Sorbet and mounted it on Berry Sorbet cardstock. The butterflies are also Berry Sorbet with more gems.

The second card has a little bit more to it, but it still quite Clean and Simple. I embossed the frame, then brayered over the back side (debossed side) with Tim Holtz Distress Ink. I wanted it to be a little “mottled” but looking at the picture, it looks more “unfinished!” (It looks better “in real life.”) For the main image panel, I used a Papertrey set called Beautiful Blooms. I stamped the flower, then masked it to stamp the leaves behind it. I like the “speckled” leaves. I inked up the stamp, stamped it off lightly, then stamped over the flower. The sentiment is from Hero Arts. I matted it and added it to the frame.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

7 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I like the idea of cutting a piece to insert in the middle of that flourish. It's such a pretty folder to use on the front of a card.

Julie said...

What BEAUTIFUL cards, Lynette! I'm so sorry that I'm so behind in my visits and comments! I hope you've been doing well! I love that new folder - I haven't grabbed that one yet, but have some of the other new Cuttlebug folders and love them. They just keep coming out with great stuff!

Danni said...

Gorgeous cards!! I love seeing the same idea on two completely different versions!!

Leigh said...

Wow, Lynette, I have this folder and didn't know what to do with it. Lovely cards, and great inspiration.

Teresa said...

So much fun showing two cards with one folder. The birthday card is so clean and pretty and I always like green and purple together.

Mary said...

Both of these cards are beautiful Lynette. I love the new folder that you used and hope that I will be able to find it.

Mary

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.