Saturday, October 31, 2009

Merry Little Christmas

Another Christmas card for today. I received this Tonic punch from my friend, Anne, so of course I had to use it right away!

I started with the punch. It’s a corner punch, but you can take the guides off and punch them as a border. I decided I wanted to mat with green for the holly leaves and then use Stickles for the berries. Of course, I had to score some lines with my Scor-Pal, too. Hmmm … what to use for an image. I thought candles would be nice so I dug out an old Anita’s stamp. I did the coloring with my Stampin’ Up! markers. I actually used two different colors of red – Real Red for the candles and Ruby Red for the bows – but you can’t tell that from the picture. I colored the pine boughs with Certainly Celery and then went over some areas with Old Olive. I used Barbara Trombley’s Art Institute Ultrafine Crystal glitter around the flames. The sentiment is from a clear Studio G set. I matted with Old Olive cardstock.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

8 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

What a beautiful card!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I looked at it again and it looks like the candles are sitting on a mantel.

Lesley said...

Great card Lynette!

Danni said...

Very pretty!

Harriet Skelly said...

I think this is my favorite one of your Christmas cards!

Jeanette - said...

Gorgeous Lynette!! I love the sparkles coming from the candles!!

Mary said...

Your card is very elegant. I wish that I could use the Tonic punches because they have a good selection of them. You did an awesome job using your nwe punch.

Mary

Leigh said...

Oh wow Lynette, what a fabulous card. I've put it in my favourites. Love the idea of it.