Sunday, October 18, 2009

2RedBananas Sketch Challenge

Today's card is for this week's Banana Split Sunday Challenge at 2RedBananas. The challenge this week is a sketch.

The backgrounds are both stamped with stamps from the 2RedBananas set August/September Journaling Spot. I used Stampin' Up! colors - Always Artichoke and Baroque Burgundy - and matted the image panels with matching cardstock. The main panel is embossed with a Cuttlebug Snowflake folder, scored with a Scor-Pal and matted with Baroque Burgundy. The sentiment is from Rubber Stampede. The ornament is punched from Always Artichoke with an SU! ornament punch and embossed with the same Snowflake folder. I sponged some white ink over the embossing. You can't really see it, but the very top of the ornament is a piece punched from mirror-like silver paper. I tied a ribbon around the top, punched a hole for the silver cord, and added a brad to "hang" the ornament from. Come join us with the sketch! Oh, did I mention - there is a prize for the challenge - your choice of one of the new sets from October which will be released soon!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

11 comments:

Jeanette - said...

Lynette - this is GORGEOUS!!!

Carolyn King said...

beautiful! love the rich embossing!

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Lynette, love the embossing!
Clairex

Danni said...

Wow!! This is stunning! You did a fab job on this!!

Dawn B. said...

Lynette this is really pretty. I love all the embossing you did.. Great job.

pam in northern Illinois said...

What a beautiful card! I was hoping I "didn't need" that ornament punch. But now I think I do! Pam in Northern Illinois

Leigh said...

Oh wow Lynette, excellent card. Love it.

Mary said...

This is card is stunning! I love every thing that you have done.

Mary

LeAnne said...

Everybody has already said what I want to say---beautiful, stunning, fabulous, great job! Just a really pretty card, such creativity!

Wendy said...

Love, love, love this card! The stamped backgrounds look awesome, and so does the embossed paper. Cute ornament, too.

Deb said...

This is gorgeous! I love the embossing...SO elegant and absolutely lovely!