Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Flower Birthday

Just another simple card for today. I got this stamp by Imaginisce and had to ink it up. It actually comes with two different flowers on the same stem, but I cut the stamp apart and used one flower twice. I also cut the single leaf apart from the rest of the stamp.

I stamped the image with Versafine Black Onyx, then colored with Stampin’ Up! markers in Cameo Coral, Summer Sun and Garden Green. I used Crystal Stickles on the flower centers. I punched the top with a Martha Stewart border punch. It’s matted on Papertrey Ink’s Berry Sorbet and New Leaf and popped up on Pop Dots. The bottom matting is embossed with a Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder. The sentiment (from Stampendous) is stamped with Garden Green and cut and embossed with a Spellbinders Die. The ribbon is New Leaf from PTI. It just continues to rain here (after going soooo long without rain!) so it’s very hard for me to get a good picture.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

You say simple..........I say GREAT layers and layout. Very nice card!

Barbara said...

This is so pretty! It may be simple, but it looks like a million bucks!

Barb

Danni said...

This is so pretty!! Love it!

Leigh said...

Lovely card Lynette.

bonnie32002 said...

Thanks so much for saying that you cut up your stamp to suit your tastes and needs...I've been doing surgery on a few of mine and have been feeling so guilty LOL!

Great card!

sam said...

beautiful card!!! lovin the colours