Monday, March 2, 2009

"Beary Best" Birthday

I was looking through my stamps to try to find something I could “paper piece.” I really don’t have that many I can use! I did find this retired Stampin’ Up! set that had a small area I could piece.

The set is called Beary Best. I stamped it on white, then again on a lightly patterned blue paper from a Sizzix pad. I colored the white image with SU! markers in the Earth Elements family. Some things you can’t see in the picture (even though I tried REALLY hard to get a picture of them) are the glitter pen on the water and the bees (I should have only done their wings, but "in real life" you can still see the yellow under the glitter pen), the clear glaze pen on the flowers, and the black glaze pen for her nose and eye. Then I cut her dress out of the blue and adhered it. OK – here’s an example of “improvising!” Or putting the principle “There are no mistakes. Only opportunities for improvement” (or whatever that saying is supposed to be!!) I planned on centering my image on the Labels One Nestability. But somehow – I didn’t! Luckily it was still straight, and I was able to add the Old Olive ribbon. Perfect! Just like that’s how I wanted it all along. :) The dotted paper is from DCWV Nana’s Nursery – Girl and the plain layer cut with the Labels One is Cameo Coral. The Happy Birthday is from another retired SU! set called All Occasions. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig for placement. I love using little strips of patterned paper and my Scor-pal for added interest and color.

Thanks so much for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

This is such a cute card Lynette - great comeback from your error!! It makes a cool layout!

Jeanette - said...

this is really sweet Lynette! I love it!

Carolyn King said...

this is precious. LOVE that stamp and the dp together!

Mary said...

Your card is awesome! I love that you paper pieced the little bears dress. What an adorable image that is. And your image is straight. :)You always come up with wondefrul designs.

Mary

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

This turned out wonderful! I love it. The bear is so cute! Love the dotted dp!!
hugz
deb