Friday, December 10, 2010

"happy bird-day"

This is the birthday card I made for our daughter-in-law.  She loves puns:)  Her birthday was yesterday.  (It was also her due date, but no baby yet!)

The stamps I used are from the Stampin' Up! set called Love Ya Bunches.  I stamped with black ink and colored with Bermuda Bay and Crushed Curry markers.  I sponged a little Soft Silver before removing the die, to kind of "ground" the birds.  I used Long Oval Nestabilities to cut the image and the mat.  The matting is all Bermuda Bay.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

7 comments:

Sheri said...

Cute card. I have that set somewhere. More digging in my future :)

Suzie said...

Adorable, Lynette! I am SURE she loved this card. Hope she feels good ... and that grandbaby #3 comes soon.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Very cute. Will be waiting to hear about the arrival of that new baby.

Mary said...

Hi Lynette. I have this stamp and have never used it. I have to dig it out and start usig it becuase it is so cute. Your card is so sweet. Love your design. I'm sure that your DIL loved her card and I hope she has her baby very soon. I'm sure that you are excited about becoming a grandmother again. :)

Mary

Ayana Posadas said...

I love those fun little birds. This card is so cute. :)

Anonymous said...

Fun card and I love when you use sets that I have:-)
gloria

Colorado Crafter said...

Really great card, Lynette!! And it reminds me that I have to make a birthday card for my hubby this weekend... oh dear... one of those "guy" cards that I always dread! LOL!! I sure hope an idea comes to me quickly!