Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Designer's Choice Challenge - Glitter

It's time for another Designer's Choice Challenge from Repeat Impressions.  This time Joy has challenged us to use glitter on our cards.  I love the "sparkly-ness" of glitter and don't even mind the mess, but I usually forget to use it, so this was a great challenge for me.  Please visit the Repeat Impressions blog, The House That Stamps Built, for the details and to see the other Rock Stars' cards.  Or follow these links: 

Darsie ~ Dawn ~ Harriet ~Joy ~ Karen ~ Maki ~ Michele ~ Miriam ~ Robin

Then, make a card using glitter, upload it, and link it to the blog.  One lucky winner for the month will win a full sheet of unmounted rubber!


For my card, I dug out my Essential Glue pad and used it to stamp my Damselfly Flight.  (This Damselfly is the Stamp of the Week from RI, too. You can purchase it through Sunday for 50% off.  Visit the RI blog for details.) I used Martha Stewart glitter over the stamped glue. I double matted the dragonfly with mats cut with Nestabilities.  The background was one I got from someone - I assume it was done with ink direct to glossy cardstock.  I used Scor-Tape on the background for the glittered lines around the edges.  The matting cardstock is from Stampin' Up! and the sentiment is a rub-on - again!


I hope you decide to join in the challenge, and I look forward to seeing your creations!


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Very pretty card Lynette. Makes me think of Terri! I love glitter as well and don't use it often enough.

Christina said...

That is a gorgeous card again Lynette! Looks so fabulous!
Hugs Kristel

Mary said...

The amount of glitter and the color glitter that you used is so very pretty. I love your card Lynette.

Mary

Barbara said...

Lynette, this is so pretty! The background paper is perfect with the image. In fact, it reminds me of a technique I used years ago with glossy paper, shaving cream and ink refills to create a marbled background. Hmm, might have to try that again. Your strips of color around the edges are great highlights. You really know how to bring it all together!

Anonymous said...

Your glitter shows up so well!! Love this. Miriam