Monday, May 18, 2020

Friends

This die-cut butterfly piece was sitting on my table and I wanted to get it off. I had already added inks to it, and spritzed it with Perfect Pearls mixed with water. It really is quite shimmery. The sentiment is a wood-mounted stamp from Penny Black. I matted it with striped paper and mounted that panel on foam strips.

I've been thinking a lot about the stacks of boxes I have from my mom and dad's house. It's been weighing on my mind that I said that I would take them home and go through them. Now it's been four years since my dad died and I still haven't done it. I'm going to take a break from everything and get to work on them. I'm sure I won't be able to help myself at times and will create some cards. And I still have over half of my on-line card class left! I'll just have to do that later. So, don't worry about me if I go a while without posting or visiting your blogs. I'm fine:)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Chookarooni said...

Glad you are keeping well - this isolation thing is hard some days but provides time for crafting! Sending hugs

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Love the combination of colors on that die cut. Makes for a very prety card! Good luck with your project. I have 2 boxes of family tree information that my sister passed on to me after she had recorded all of it. Just not sure where to put it!

Leslie Miller said...

Your card today is really beautiful, Lynette! I have loved this die when you've used it recently, and the colors today are gorgeous! I like the blue striped paper with it. You have a big job ahead of you, going through the boxes. I'll see you here when you have time!

Cheryl W said...

Your butterfly die-cut looks so soft and delicate. And I can imagine the shimmer and how pretty that is. This is a lovely card. Thanks for letting us know that you may be distracted for awhile. I would have wondered if you hadn't posted in a while. Good luck with the sorting.

Patti J said...

Beautiful card! Love the soft colors and the shimmer is SO pretty! Thanks for sharing!