Friday, September 18, 2026

Hexagonal Base Card


I've seen Liz use this layout a few times, and I like it so I finally decided to give it a try. I didn't do things quite right, but here is my first attempt. (You can see her latest blog post using this layout here. She includes a link to the instructions.) It's actually quite a simple card, but I managed to do it wrong. I found this rectangle piece in with my patterned paper and thought I would use it. I had planned to stamp it horizontally and I ended up doing it vertically. Now I don't have an envelope that it will fit in! I think I'll end up taking the large rectangle off and putting something else on it. The stamps are from Gina K. I colored with Copic markers.

Here is the back. I decided to use another piece of patterned paper on it. That is where I will sign it. It does fold flat. Mine is just too big. 😁

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

This is an interesting fold. Would the receiver intuitively know how to display it? The card front is really pretty, so I hope you're able to re-do it so it'll fit in one of your envelopes. I haven't watched the video yet, but I will!

Liz said...

Beautiful card. Lynette. So pleased you gave this fold a go. Sometimes I put the card in a larger envelope and fold the excess bit of the envelope further over when I seal it. if that makes sense.
Liz xx

Liz said...

The card folds flat for posting and the sides of the card base are just pushed into a hexagon shape when it's opened.

Leslie Miller said...

That's most definitely an interesting fold, and the card front you made for it is so very pretty! I know you'll work it out to where you'll save and use both.

Wanda said...

Pretty card and interesting fold! I've never seen that before, how fun!