Thursday, September 24, 2026

Hexagonal Base Warm Wishes


I decided to make another card with a hexagonal base. This time I changed the measurements so that it would fit into a standard A2 envelope. The sentiment is from Gina K, and the ephemera is also from Gina K. It came with a kit a few years ago - sheets of printed ephemera and a die to cut them all out at one time.

EDITED TO ADD: Here are the dimensions for this card. Cut one piece of white to 11 x 1 3/4 inches. Score at 1 3/4, 3 1/2, 5 1/4, 7, 8 3/4 and 10 1/2 inches. Cut another piece 8 x 1 3/4 inches and score at 1 3/4, 4 and 6 1/4. Cut patterned paper into six 1 5/8 x 1 5/8 inch squares. Adhere the 1/2 inch end of the 11 inch piece to the other end of it. This is your base. Glue the ends of the 8 inch piece inside of the base. My sentiment panel is 2 3/8 x 2 3/8 inches. This is the gist of it. If you need more detailed instructions, just let me know.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lynette, that card is awesome. Can I get instructions. Thanks.

Liz said...

Fabulous card, Lynette, a beautiful design. Glad you gave the fold another go to get the size you wanted. xx

Cheryl W. said...

You did a great job changing those measurements and all the score lines to fit an A2 envelope. It looks fabulous!

Leslie Miller said...

Well, first I'm admiring how pretty this is. I'm also admiring your engineering skill at altering to fit an A2 envelope. You're very generous to take the time to share instructions. I love the ephemera, and the idea of a die to cut the whole sheet at once sounds wonderful!