Monday, August 7, 2017

Sparking Season #1

The first of my cards using the Stampin' Up! set called "Sparkling Season." I bought my set used and it only consists of four of the six stamps that came with the set. I'll be using three or perhaps all four of them - we'll see how it goes:)

I stamped the mitten with a Kaleidacolor pad and added a bit of Wink of Stella to the star/snowflake in the mitten. I used the "warmest wishes" from another Stampin' Up! set, also with the Kaleidacolor pad. I matted with dark blue and added some doodles around the edge with a white gel pen. I mounted on foam squares. The background was embossed with a Sizzix folder.

I think this card could be used as a Christmas card, or it could be used as a winter birthday card.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Chookarooni said...

great card - you are doing so well at using those stamps!

Mary said...

Yes! It certainly could be used for a Christmas card. Love it.

Mary

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I don't think to use those stamp pads but for that image it was perfect! Very cute card!

Leslie Miller said...

I tend to forget about my Kaleidacolor pads until I see you use them so beautifully. It's perfect for the mitten and I LOVE it for the sentiment! Definitely making a note to self. I like this for a Christmas card but, you're right, it would make for a cute winter birthday (like yours) or any winter greeting.