Sunday, August 9, 2026

Water-Colored Flowers


I felt like doing some painting, so I pulled out this old set from Gina K. The flower and each leaf are separate, so I had to do some masking. I used black embossing powder for the images, and the sentiment, also. I used Zig Clean Color Real brush markers on this first one. Then I added some black sequins.


For this one, I used metallic water color paints. It's very shimmery in real life.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

These are both absolutely stunning, Lynette! I only wish the camera would show the shimmer of the second one a little better. You're shading on the purple flower is wonderful and shows up really well. You definitely should do more coloring and painting!

Darnell said...

What a beautiful drawing of the flower and leaf and the way you have painted it on both cards is so professional, Lynette! I especially love the deep shades of violet and your shading, but I'll bet the pastel hues are schparkly in person! Hugs, Darnell

Wanda said...

Both cards are very pretty. The purple one seems to look like it has a glow to it. Nice job coloring.

Leslie Miller said...

I'm glad you felt like doing a little painting because these two are a beautiful sight! Now I feel like pulling out my Twinks for my next watercolor.