Thursday, January 18, 2018

"Card Parts" Cards

I've had bits and pieces of time to spend in my stamping room the last couple of weeks. (Yesterday I had nearly the whole day, though, spending it with a friend!) I've mostly spent that time trying to make use of the pieces I salvaged from older cards. Here are the cards that I've made with those card parts. I only have a couple small parts left to use.

For this first card, the whole main panel was done. The treats are one stamp from Repeat Impressions. I had paper-pieced the sweets using kraft, brown, ivory and pink textured papers. I mounted the panel on foam squares. I used a kraft card base. The dotted pink paper is from Bo Bunny.


This card uses two of the parts - the entire card base with matted embossed panel and the flower/heart piece. The image is from Inkadinkado (I think), is colored with Copics, and has an enamel dot for the flower center. The sentiment is from Darcie's and is mounted on foam squares. I also added Wink of Stella to the image.

The re-used part on this card is the bottom panel. It was stamped with a wheel from Stampin' Up! and matted with matching cardstock. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink, stamped with the same ink and matted with the same cardstock as the patterned panel. It is mounted on foam squares.

The recycled piece here is the cardbase and embossed, matted panel. It had been embossed with an embossing plate. The image and sentiment are from a set from Recollections, colored with Copics.

The card part here is, again, the cardbase - this time with the matted patterned paper. It is matted with silver and black. I added an image panel to it - stamped with a Technique Tuesday stamp, colored slightly with Copics, and matted with silver and black to match the card base panel.

Once again, I reused the card base. I had made the patterned cardstock using a Stampin' Up! stamp. Then I used a piece of patterned paper from a Paper Studio matstack and added a die-cut sentiment.

One last card for today. I had made this "patterned cardstock" and put it on a cardbase and I reused it for this card by simply adding the sentiment from Papertrey Ink. I believe the way I had made the pattern is by covering an entire piece with Distress Ink and then stamping with a background stamp misted with water, which removed some of the ink. (So, the lighter areas are where I stamped.)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Patti H. said...

Great cards! Love that you have reused parts & pieces. I have a container full of card parts to good to throw away & you are an inspiration! I'm getting the container out today!!

Leslie Miller said...

Yay for recycling and using up card parts! Two things stand out especially -- the wheeled panel which you embossed, and the last with the lifted ink. I had to click for a close up to see each card in all its splendid prettiness. I would have guessed all those stamped backgrounds were patterned paper. They look fabulous! I like the ink lifting technique. Very cool!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

WOW! That's a lot of great cards! have some SU wheels and need to use them! Not sure I've used most of them. After you posted the cards earlier from that set with the cute little elf, I actually found them on line on that great sale and bought them. They're just too cute!