Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Butterflies and Best Wishes

I've had this background piece in my "card parts" for over a year. It was done by sponging distress inks onto ivory cardstock, then spritzing a stencil and placing it over the inked piece. The water removes the ink and leaves the pattern of the stencil. I die-cut the edge with a Memory Box die. The sentiment is from the Stampin' Up! set called "Sincere Salutations." I added a couple black strips along the left side. The card base is ivory.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

8 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Great use of that card part! Love how you did the distress ink. Very pretty!

LINDA said...

Very nice Lynne. Isn't it nice to use up things in our stash!

Harriet Skelly said...

I love this technique - and I love the colors you used here!

JUDI said...

Beautiful Card, love the technique.

JUDI said...

LYNETTE, I have a question for you...which die cutting, and embossing machines do you have, and which one do you prefer for different jobs?
You do such a GREAT job at both.

bonnie32002 said...

That border is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card! The colors are gorgeous and the border is incredible!

Leslie Miller said...

Interesting the way you did the background, and so gorgeous! Love the die cut, too. So very pretty, Lynette!