Saturday, December 7, 2019

Glittered Flowers



I used a brass stencil for this card. It was probably from Lasting Impressions. I also used Martha Stewart glitter. I bought a package years ago at Michael's with a 50% off coupon. I think the package has 24 tubs of glitter in so many beautiful colors. I added "sticky" to the white cardstock with my Diecut'N Bond. Then I added the stencil to it. I very carefully added the different colors through the stencil, being careful to contain each color to where I wanted it. When all the open areas were filled with glitter, I removed the stencil and added pearl glitter to the rest of the piece. I simply matted it and added the sentiment, which is from Papertrey Ink.

Edited to add: The Diecut 'N Bond is plenty sticky to hold the glitter, but it's not hard to get the stencil off, especially the brass stencil. I had a little trouble with my snowflake stencil, but was still able to get it off. The snowflake stencil was very detailed and had parts that were very delicate.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

newbie85 said...

Very pretty card! I love all the glitter!!! May I ask how you kept the stencil from sticking to the sticky sheet! I would love to try this!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

That is a lot of different colors to keep separate! You did a great job with the coloring of those cute little flowers!

Mary said...

A very pretty card Lynette.

Mary

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! What a fun and fantastic effect this is! Must be spectacular IRL!

Cheryl W said...

Very pretty card! I hope I get some time, once Christmas is over, to give that technique a try. I know I have some brass stencils somewhere, but I'll need to clean up my Christmas crafting mess in order to find them.