Friday, December 13, 2019

Happy Birthday, Owen!

Here is the card that Jim and I made for our grandson's, Owen, 9th birthday. His birthday party this year has a "steampunk" theme. Not entirely sure what that is, but here is his card:) I used a die for the main piece. I found a lab notebook with graph paper in it. We used that for the background, filling in the form with make-believe numbers. We added the graph. I think he will like it. The card is 5.5 x 7 inches.

EDITED TO ADD: I also added screw brads to the corners. I've had them for quite a while and finally found a use for them1


Here is the inside of the card. The patterned paper is from a stack from Recollection. We also made the envelope from this cardstock. 

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

That card would have been a challenge for me to come up with that theme. I love the sentiment you wrote inside!

Leslie Miller said...

OMG, this is the best one yet! You always do the most amazing job on the kids' bday cards, but this one is really over the top. I sat here and chuckled out loud as I examined each clever little detail. Fantastic, Lynette!

Cheryl W said...

What a fabulous birthday card! I'm not sure what steam punk is either, but you definitely know a lot more about it than I do. I think your sentiment is just perfect. I bet Owen really loves it.

Ustvarjalni dotik said...

This is - the first one - the best card I have ever seen! Idea is just stunning! I will try it too.
---------------------------------------------------
Blessed are the children of scrapbookers, for they shall inherit the scrapbooks. ~Author Unknown
- Author Poceni Stampiljke