Friday, September 10, 2010

One-Layer Card - Black and White with a Spot of Color

I made this card for this week's One-Layer Wednesday challenge on Susan's Simplicity blog.   The challenge is to use only black and white with a tiny spot of color. She said to keep the spot of color "rather smallish" and so I did!

I masked the white area off with removable tape and stamped with a stamp from a Paper Studio set. I scored on the edges of the white area and stamped my sentiment, which is from Stampin' Up!'s Sincere Salutations set. My "spot" of color is a tiny red Twinkle from Taylored Expressions.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

10 comments:

Sheri said...

Yup, still love it :)

Cheryl W. said...

This is a great card, Lynette. So simple, but still lovely. Thanks for the inspiration!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Very, very pretty! That stamp is such a nice design for this card. Love the very tiny dot of color. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! This was trully an amazing, educating post! Thank you soo much for posting! :)

Mary said...

Lynette your card is perfect! I love black and white cards with just a pop of color.Having it e one layer makes it even better. Your card is quite elegant. Love it!

Mary

Anonymous said...

Very nice and elegant card! I always black and white cards!!!
gloria

Ayana Posadas said...

I love, love, love this card, Lynette! LOVE the black and white! I will definitely have to case it one of these days!

Christina said...

A really beautifull card Lynette!
Hugs Kristel

Michele Boyer said...

This is GORGEOUS! I really love that itty bitty pop of red!

Anonymous said...

Whadda ya know, I voted (in silence) your card the best of the 50 or so on Simplicity#19 today, BEFORE I saw your card to Harriet. I saw your Simplicity card the day you posted it, and it's been on my mind since then, because it's just the kind I would like to be able to make. I came here and posted a Comment, but something happened during transmission I guess, because it's not here.

I can't wait to see the rest of your Blog some day soon when I'm not having to run off and do all the chores I neglected during my week of botching supplies while working on the Simplicity challenge #19. Happy Stamping,
Bahb