Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Repeat Impressions WHAT IF? Wednesday Sketch

It's another Repeat Impressions WHAT IF? Wednesday Sketch Challenge!  You can find the sketch and the details on the Repeat Impressions blog, The House That Stamps Built.  Create your card using this sketch and upload it to your on-line gallery or blog.  Leave a link to your creation on the RI blog.  If you link to an on-line gallery, please use the keyword S2210.  One random winner for the month will be chosen to receive a $25 gift certificate from Repeat Impressions.  So besides being fun, it can be profitable! :)  Check out what the other RI Rock Stars have to share, also:

The main image I used is 628-I, Toy Train.  You can find it on this page.  I colored it with Stampin' Up! markers and cut it, and the matting, with Nestabilities.  I embossed with the Nestabilities, too, and added some decorative scoring with my Scor-Pal.  The patterned paper is from SU.  The sentiment is also from Repeat Impressions.  I separated it to fill two ovals with it.

I may be missing for a few days, even though I do have cards done.  I might even just post the cards without much of a blog entry.  We've had a couple deaths recently and the funerals are Thursday and Saturday.  My husband's aunt passed away on Sunday.  She was 90 and had not been doing well for a while.  Very sad, but not unexpected.  The other one, however, was totally out of the blue.  A friend of ours, who we had just been camping with the weekend before last, died of a heart attack on Monday.  Talk about a shock!  He was our age - 56.  MUCH too young to go.  He leaves behind a wife and three kids.

How about ending on a lighter note!  We went to the wedding of a friend's son on Saturday.  She emailed a picture to me of my husband and me, and we actually liked it!  So, I changed my Profile picture:)  (Thanks, Lucy!)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

18 comments:

Sheri said...

What an adorable card. Where were you last night as I struggled with a baby boy card? Not near this cute I might add. So sorry to hear of the deaths. It is hard at any age when you love someone and they are gone. I love your profile picture. Your hair has sure gotten long!

Christina said...

A wonderfull card Lynette! Looks really cute!!
Hugs Kristel

Harriet Skelly said...

This card is so adorable! You kept the sketch so CAS! Sorry to hear about the deaths - keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Whimsey said...

What a great card; love the colors - simple yet so perfect!!

Suzie said...

This is just so precious, Lynette. I love the little train set, too! Great job.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

That is such a sweet card! I love the embossed lines on the one oval. That is a great idea.

Lynette, the loss of family members and friends is always hard.....especially when it comes so unexpectedly.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

The blog page hadn't fully loaded when I went to leave my first comment. Then I saw Sheri's comment about your new profile picture. It is a wonderful picture of you!

Julie said...

Absolutely adorable card, Lynette! I love the way the scoring sets off the image.

Ayana Posadas said...

Very nice take on the RI sketch, Lynette! I always love your scoring details. Oh, and I like your new blog photo too! Very pretty! :)

Leigh said...

I saw this sketch Lynette and for some reason thought it a hard one (don't ask me why) but now I've seen your card, which I love, it doesn't seem so hard now. lol

Leslie Miller said...

Love your use of the ovals in this wonderfully sweet design! I'm so sorry to hear of your losses. It's such a shock to lose a friend so young. You must be reeling. My heart goes out to the family and all who loved him.

Julie said...

So soft and pretty...and just plain adorable!

Unknown said...

This is such a sweet baby card, Lynette! I love the DP and scoring detail.

I'm so sorry to hear about the deaths. Your family & friends are in my prayers.

Joan V said...

Oh, I just love this card.

joy said...

I ADORE how you have colored the train! So cute and the paper is perfect.

Dana Joy said...

Too stinkin' cute Lynette!

Irene said...

Hello Lynette

This is just adorable and gorgeous. I love the train stamp and your design layout.

I am so sorry to hear obout your sudden loss, my thoughts go with you.

irene
xxxx

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Lynette, your card is absolutely adorable. I love that little train image and you've showcased it beautifully.