Thursday, September 9, 2010

One-Layer Card - Done and Re-Done!

I made this card for Susan's One-Layer Wednesday challenge from last week.  The challenge was to use a tree.

I found the curved pieces (for masking) in my "card parts" box from a couple years ago and thought I'd use them again. I sponged with More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie and Really Rust over the open space between my masks. The tree and sentiment are from Inkadinkado and are stamped with Close to Cocoa.

I wasn't really satisfied with it.  As much as I love Clean and Simple, it was just too plain and unbalanced.  So, I added the dashed lines along the curve, and I colored in the tree trunk and leaves.  I think these were great improvements:)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

13 comments:

Christina said...

A beautifull card Lynette!
Hugs Kristel

Sheri said...

Boy the dashes especially really make a difference! Love the card and the colors you sponged are really pretty

Nancy S said...

Both cards are great and both have a place but the second card just adds that little extra POP!

Tanks for sharing.

Ayana Posadas said...

Your card was very pretty the first time... and now even better the second time! Beautiful work, Lynette! I love the design.

Suzie said...

I think the hand-stitching along the path is the perfect touch to make the lovely path "pop"! Great job, Lynette!

{{Hugs}}
Suzie

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I definitely agree that adding the dashes and coloring in the tree was a great idea. It really does finish the card just perfect!

Leslie Miller said...

Well, it's cute either way, but it is amazing how much those little dashes add, isn't it? Love that darling whimsical tree!

Doris said...

I agree--you improved the look of your card beautifully! I never would have thought of that...

Danni said...

Wonderful job! Neat to see how different it looks with just a few additions!

Annie said...

Amazing what a huge difference a little more color and some dashes make to this lovely card!!

Dawn B. said...

I love the masking you did.. What a great look it gives your card. I have such a hard time with those dotted lines.. Yours looks terrific. Great job.

bonnie32002 said...

I like them both, but I guess the 2nd one has more umph! Great design as usual and it doesn't hurt that it's in my favorite colors...earth tones!

Carole Campanile said...

I love the additions! Congrats on being a Featured Stamper at SCS. I was visiting your gallery so I could play along and this CAS card caught my eye. If I can find a tree I'll be able to play.
Beautiful card.