Friday, March 27, 2020

Anniversary With Card Parts

Here are two more cards using backgrounds that were given to me. These were also done on acetate. They are many, many years old! These both had some gold in them, so I used gold accents. For this first one, I used a die for the sentiment and made it four layers thick. The cardbase is ivory. I used shiny gold cardstock strips on the top and bottom edges of the acetate.
For this card, I used a Papertrey Ink stamp for the sentiment. I used gold embossing powder for it. I also added the same thin shiny gold strips on the top and bottom edges.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Both are very elegant cards. Those were all some pretty impressive backgrounds! Since they were on acetate, I imagine you had to use some strong double-sided tape to adhere them to your base. I also really like your dimensional (stacked) sentiment. These sentiments take a little more time to make, but they sure are a nice addition to a card.

Patti J said...

These are beautiful! I love playing with alcohol inks! Great card, dear friend!

Leslie Miller said...

Such cool backgrounds! My favorite is the first, but both are awesome. Great die and sentiment, too!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I've never thought of using alcohol ink pieces this way but I really like what you have done with them. I have some to use so thanks for the idea!