Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Red Shimmery Splatters

When Amelia (our granddaughter) was here for a few days, I wanted to show her a few things that I had that I thought she would like. I took a scrap of ivory cardstock (leftover from making our Lift and Reveal boxes) and sprayed it with some red Glimmer Mist. The speckles in it are gold. Of course I could not toss it. It sat in my "spray box" until a few days ago. The piece had been scored into squares, so I cut the squares apart. Then I cut some of the squares into smaller pieces. I matted them individually for this first card. The sentiment is from My Favorite Things and is embossed with gold. The patterned paper strip across the bottom is ancient Stampin' Up!

I matted all the pieces on one strip for this card. Again, I added a strip of SU! paper. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink. This card measures 6 1/4 inches by 3 1/4 inches.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Oma A said...

Erg leuk, ook zoiets doe ik met mijn kleinkinderen.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, that's some beautiful splatter spray! I haven't tried splatter spray in at least 10 years. At the time it warped my paper and I never tried it again. Lately I'm rethinking that. Your color goes perfectly with your ancient SU paper!

Patti J said...

Very pretty! Love that sentiment! We are going to take a short trip next week to see our grandson in DC. It’s been too long! Thanks for sharing!

Cheryl W said...

These are so pretty! I am loving your splatter spray. I have some shimmer spray that I use from time to time. It's so much fun to see the effect it adds to a plain piece of paper.