Tuesday, August 10, 2021

With Sympathy Two-Fer

A friend was over a few weeks ago and bought several of my cards. So, now I need to replenish my sympathy cards. The patterned paper on both of these cards came from a very small pack of 4 x 4 inch papers I got from a stamping friend in Des Moines a few years ago. I used oval Nestabilities on each of the cards. The matting on this first oval is mirror gold. I popped up the sentiment panel on foam squares. I also added gold mirror cardstock strips on each side of the patterned papers. The sentiment on both cards is from Hero Arts. I used gold embossing powder on this first one.
I placed the strips for this one on black cardstock. The sentiment is embossed with black powder. The flowers are ancients ones from Prima, and I added some small, reddish brads.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Patti J said...

Beautiful card! The papers are so rich and elegant looking! Thanks for sharing…love this!

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful use of the paper, Lynette. Those brads sure are a perfect match!

Cheryl W said...

Lovely, elegant cards. I like these CAS layouts for sympathy cards. I need to make one or two for my own stash, so thanks for the inspiration.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Both are very pretty, but I especially like the first one!