Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Blue Birthday with Ivory Flowers

Well, my first card post for a long time. Not sure where exactly all the time goes, but it sure does fly! We did go to Mexico for a week with our son and his family. That was pretty awesome!

I had pulled out some card parts and made a few cards, so it's time that I blogged them. The card part on this one is the die-cut flowers. I'm pretty sure it's from Cuttlebug, but I'm not certain. I think I have two more of them to use. I had used some of this patterned paper and had some more out on my table, so I used it, too. I used one of my Waffle Flower rectangle dies to cut the center out of the patterned paper, then reversed the outside frame. I added the die-cut flowers and I double-heat embossed the sentiment with gold embossing powder.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Yes, that die cut is from a Cuttlebug piece that we used in Des Moines. The card is very pretty.

Cheryl W said...

Gorgeous card, Lynette! I love it. The flower die-cut is so delicate and pretty. I like your idea of die-cutting the center and then using the reverse side on the frame. So clever! I'm going to give that a try one of these days. Thanks for the idea!

Patti J said...

This is stunning, Lynette! Such pretty, soft colors, and I love your design! Well done, as always! Glad you had a good trip! Welcome back 😉

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, that's quite a die cut! Very pretty on the soft blue paper. It's good to see you today, Lynette!