Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Butterfly Thanks

Here is another card that just "happened." I have been going into my stamping room lately and end up just looking around and not making anything. I need some mojo! At any rate, I happened to see a photograph in my trash can that a friend had tossed. It was of a lake and then trees in the background. I took it out of the trash and cut it into quarter-inch strips and glued them randomly onto a piece of scratch paper. Then I used that to cut the butterfly die. (My "plan" was just to use the stripped piece as a background, but I didn't like it for that.) Then I was looking for some dark green to mat around the die-cut. In the dark green package was a pre-cut frame. I used that, but trimmed it down a bit. I used an Altenew stamp to stamp the dots in the background. All of the dots didn't stamp, but I decided I liked it that way. The "thanks" stamp was from the same Altenew set. I matted it with the same background piece and mounted it on foam squares.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Seems to me your process for making this card is full of mojo. What a creative idea to use a photo cut into strips! I don't think I would have thought of that in a million years. You've inspired me to make a couple of thank you cards using a couple of butterflies that are just laying out on my desk, left over from another project.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

The dots in the background give a more random touch to the piece. What an interesting way how you cut up a picture, pasted it back together and die cut the butterflies! Very creative!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, I never would have guessed the butterflies are cut from photo strips. I clicked for a close up and tried real hard to see the photo but nope. So cool! I love how the dots stamped. Better that way, I think. Mojo has a mind of its own. I'm always making a new plan (such as the Rubbernecker thing) to give me a kick.