Thursday, May 5, 2022

Happy Birthday, Jonah!

Here is the birthday card I made for a grandson. Can you guess - he is turning 9. LOL! I've had the die-cut sentiment with numbers for several years. I'm sorry that you can't even see the sentiment in the photo - the letters are cut around the circle and say "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" with a heart between the "happy" and the "birthday." It's actually quite hard to see even IRL, since it's cut out of black. I did pop it up on foam squares so it stands out a little bit. I added the silver glitter paper to the center and the number 9 on that. I used some patterned paper for the mounting panel and also for the background. I think he will care more about what's inside the card than he does about the actual card itself!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I could make out the sentiment when I clicked for a close up but, you're right, it is hard to see. Cool dimension with it popped up. Altogether your card is a journey of discovery. The papers are a great combo -- glitter, holographic, and then sort of a galaxy. It's eye catching for Jonah, and then I'm certain he'll appreciate what's inside!

Cheryl W said...

First of all, happy birthday to Jonah! That's a very useful die as it can be used for all ages. You could even put "Mom," "Dad," or other short names in the circle. Great card, but I'm sure you're right. Jonah will be more interested in what is inside the card.

Patti J said...

Very cool card! Lol…you’re right! They always love what’s inside! Thanks for the inspiration!