Friday, May 6, 2022

Purple Alcohol Ink Background

I finally played just a tiny bit with my alcohol inks again. Well, actually, just one bottle. Hard to believe this was all one color - even the sentiment background. I cut the panels using my Waffle Flower rectangles and then added a die-cut from my card parts. I had stamped the sentiment, from an old Gina K set, right on the background and when I came back later, it had bled. Disappointing, as I really liked it stamped right on the background. But, ya gotta do what ya gotta do, so I dug in my trash can and found the piece I had cut the background out of and figured out the best place to re-stamp the sentiment. I matted it with black and added it over the stamping on the card. This one didn't bleed. I guess the ink was still slightly damp when I stamped the first time.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Always a winner using black die cuts on a colored background. That color of purple is so pretty.

Patti J said...

What a lovely card! Your black die cuts just pop on that vivid background! Very pretty!

Cheryl W said...

Beautiful purple hues! And it's interesting how the tone of the color changed so that it looks like a mixture of purple shades. Your fix for the sentiment that bled was perfect, and because the shade of purple is just a bit different, it looks purposeful to me. I think this turned out to be a lovely card.

Leslie Miller said...

It is interesting that it's all one ink color! Diluted maybe? I don't know much about using alcohol inks. Too bad about the sentiment, but the finished card looks like it was meant to be. Pretty die. Sort of an Asian look to it.