Wednesday, May 4, 2022

"Wood-grained" Anniversary

I had two more of these flower die-cut pieces to use up, so I made two cards like this one. The die is an Anna Griffin one, I believe. It was cut from shimmery off-white paper. For the background, I actually started with patterned paper, but you really can't see the pattern any more. I scored lines with my Scor-Pal and then rubbed an ink pad over it. The sentiment is from an old Gina K set. It's actually stamped in a green, but it's hard to tell in the photo. The sentiment is popped up on foam squares.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

That's a great technique to make a "wood grain" background. I have that Anna Griffin die. Since it was one I got when our group was together, it's one I won't be getting rid of. It's such a pretty die cut!

Jeanne H said...

Great card. Wish I had bought that die! teehee

Leslie Miller said...

Oooh, very pretty! Love the embossed die over wood grain. This is one of my favorite techniques for making textured wood grain but with all my paper and dies I don't get around to it. I can see the sentiment is green. Kind of a gray/green maybe? Similar to Mellow Moss.

Patti J said...

Nice! That die cut is beautiful, and I love the background panel! So pretty, thanks for sharing!