Friday, December 16, 2022

Repurposing "Packaging"

Oh my gosh - it's December 16 and I had forgotten to change my background to something Christmassy!

A friend (thanks, Leslie!) sent me a Christmas card, and she had used this embossed background as a protective layer for the embellishments on her card. I certainly couldn't just toss it!! So, here it is - cut in half and used on two cards. I used two ancient Hero Arts rubber stamps for these flowers. I had gotten them in the two bins of stamps I was gifted earlier this year. I thought since I kept them, I should use them. The sentiments are from Papertrey Ink and the panels are mounted on foam squares.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Love the Hero Arts stamps..... I have both of those. 😀 Great idea to repurpose that embossed background!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh! You did put that piece to good use! It's pretty with the flowers. I used to have both of those stamps, too. Your blog background is cute! Even though I have some different color headers I never change it. I'm neglectful that way.

Cheryl W said...

Way to use a nicely embossed piece! Love the two cards you made with it. I would never have thrown it away, either. When someone goes to the trouble to emboss some paper to include with a card, I feel I owe them an attempt to use it. I also wanted to mention that I have taken all the Christmas cards you donated to the thrift store, and they are selling really well. Thank you, again!

Patti J said...

Wow! You’ve posted some beautiful creations while I was in sunny florida! Enjoyed Disney with grandkids, but coming home to 24 degrees was a real quick wake up! Beautiful cards, dear friend!