Wednesday, July 16, 2008

TANKS!


This card is quite different from my “norm.” I hardly ever use such bright colors!!

I was digging through some of my “stuff” and came across some quilled pieces I had purchased when Crafts Direct left my area and was clearancing everything out. I have done some of my own quilling, and I like it, but boy-oh-boy – this was SO much easier! LOL! Anyway, I was thinking that if I mounted them on Tempting Turquoise, it might look like a fish tank. Hmmm, and if I used a Long Oval Nestability, it might look more like a fish tank. Hmmm, I’ve been trying to use more things – Fiskars texture plates were on that list. I bet I could use one of those for the Only Orange background. Yep – one called “Ocean” worked very well. (Be sure to mist your cardstock first, to get nice deep impressions.) OK, now I need a sentiment (I was thinking to myself) Hmmm (again!) … how about “TANK you so much?” Works for me. I really like when sentiments are done with a combination of fonts, so I went to the computer and played around a little bit until I was satisfied with it. I printed it on some Tempting Turquoise and cut it out with a small die from the Long Oval Nestabilities and added a couple eyelets. What do you think?

Thanks for looking, and I hope you’ll come back and visit again soon

3 comments:

deb said...

Well I think it FANTASTIC!!! I love what you did with it! Very creative!!! your "hmmm's" worked great!!! Love this card!
hugz

Anonymous said...

What a cute card Lynette - I like those Fiskar plates you have been using lately!

Thoughts from the couch... said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.