Saturday, June 22, 2019

Camping

Well, I ended up not getting my blog posts done before we left for camping. Oops. So, you get camping pictures instead:) We went to Glacial Lakes State Park with another couple, and we each stayed in one of these camper cabins. That was great, since it, of course, rained. We had a great time anyway, and got some walks in. The woodticks were horrific, though!

I thought I'd share a few pretty flower pictures with you. Hopefully I'll get my blog posts done soon, since I have lots of cards to share.


Our state flower is the pink and white, or Showy, lady's slippers and I've rarely seen them. But, I'd never seen yellow ones until this camping trip.



Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Cheryl W said...

I remember seeing a yellow Lady Slipper once when we were camping, too. It's like coming upon a little golden treasure! They're so unique and delicate. Thanks for sharing your photos. They made me anxious for our camping trip next month.

Leslie Miller said...

These are beautiful pics, Lynette, and I'm jealous 'cause we still haven't gone yet. Things have come up, but soon we hope. Good thing you had the cabins. It sure looks like a pretty spot! The yellow Lady Slippers grow here, too. I always think of orchids as being a tropical plant, so it's interesting to me that they grow in cooler climates. I know it gets darn cold where you are! I love seeing your camping pics, so please share anytime!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Sorry it rained but was good that you were in cabins instead of tents! That's the only way I would want to "camp". :) The flowers are lovely.......I love taking pictures of flowers too.