Friday, June 14, 2019

Hello Friend!


This is a rather retro card - very "old school." :) I used a stencil and really cool brushes to ink up the design. I cut it with a circle die and stamped the sentiment (from Papertrey Ink) over it. I sponged a little bit of matching ink on the edges. I matted with a scalloped circle cut with a Nestability die. I added a black dot in each scallop with a black marker. I mounted the circle on foam squares. The background is embossed with a Darice folder and is matted with pink.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Cheryl W said...

This turned out beautifully! You've really been busy using up the bits and pieces from our time together. I've started coloring the Christmas images, but other than that I've been playing catch-up since my company left.

Liz said...

This is so pretty Lynette. The design is lovely and I love the stencilling. xx

JUDI said...

LYNETTE, This design is really...well.... CUTE. When I first looked at it I thought you was making a play on a WATERMELON....IT COULD BE IF you added green to it. BUT I LOVE it just as it is. Keep-up the good work, your very inspiring.

Leslie Miller said...

Oops, I guess I'm kinda old school sometimes. When you said "retro" I immediately thought of the funky, psychedelic flowers from the late sixties. It has that look to it, but with softer colors. I like it!