Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Alcohol Ink Birthday

I started making this background with my alcohol inks when a friend was over. It wasn't looking good, but I kept it. I added more inks later, and I'm pleased enough with it. I simply cut the background and the matting with my Waffle Flower rectangles dies and added it to a card base. The sentiment "Sending" was made a while ago with Stampin' Up! dies borrowed from a friend. The "Birthday Wishes" was stamped using the same set. The "Sending" is mounted on foam squares.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Darnell said...

This is a knock-my-socks-off card, Lynette! I'm so glad you kept up with the alcohol. Those are my favorite AI colors and your result looks just like sea glass to me! Perfect sediment, too. Hugs, Darnell

Cheryl W said...

I think your background looks gorgeous! I love the colors, especially the purple tones. The pattern created by the inks is beautiful all by itself, so all your card needed was the nice sentiment.

I don't have many alcohol re-inkers, but I really need to experiment with the ones I do have.

Patti J said...

This is stunning, Lynette! That background is a show stopper, for sure! Beautifully done!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I'm glad you did toss the piece when you were disappointed in it because the additional work you did with it really paid off. It's very pretty!

Leslie Miller said...

Your AI background is looking spectacular to my eyes! Good thing you didn't discard it because you turned it into a beautiful piece. Love the cool splashy look it has in some areas.