Sunday, November 14, 2021

Christmas Embossing Folder - Two Ways


Two Christmas cards using the same Darice embossing folder. This first one is just done normally - and matted with silver. The sentiment strip is from Gina K. I used foil and my laminator on it, and it's popped up on foam squares.


This second one is done with a new technique from Jennifer McGuire that she calls "Filled Embossing Folder." I didn't go back to re-watch the video, but I believe it's simple enough that I did it the same way that she did. I used the embossing folder on blue cardstock. Then I flipped it over and used white embossing paste to fill in the indentations, scraping it off with a special little spatula. Pretty cool! I matted it with white and mounted it on foam squares. The sentiment is from Gina K. This one was black with white letters. I used silver foil on it and mounted it on foam squares also.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I like the first one but the second one is really a step up! It's beautiful with that color of blue cardstock! I just finished Thanksgiving cards today and will now start making Christmas cards even though I have a bunch left over from last year.

Cheryl W said...

Your cards are beautiful! I watched Jennifer McGuire's video on that technique, too, and thought it would be something I would like to try. You picked the perfect EF to use. The pattern looks like actual snow against the blue background.

Patti J said...

That is one drop dead gorgeous card! What a beautiful embossing folder! Love this!

bonnie32002 said...

I agree with vicki...and now I'm going to have to watch the tutorial you mentioned to see how not to get embossing paste everywhere but where you want it to be! ;-)

Darnell said...

Your beautifully embossed and textured W-O-W design drew me in, Lynette, and then what a treat to see you did one of those filled-in designs as well! It's so icy and gorgeous on that blue cardstock. I watched the video, but usually that's all I do - watch them, lol! Good for you for sitting down and immediately DOING it! I'm pinning this! Hugs, Darnell

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! Really? These cards are both amazing. A beautiful folder and you're very good at photographing to show the dimension. Your second card is really something. I keep putting embossing paste on my list and I keep noting techniques I want to try. Here we go again!