Monday, November 22, 2021

Wishing You a Speedy Recovery

A friend recently had rotator cuff surgery. This is the card I made for him. The tree is from an old Stampin Up! set. I inked it up in green, then used a brown marker to color the trunk and and ground, and a darker green marker to "thump" some extra color on the tree. That panel is matted with green and then mounted on foam squares. I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder on the top part of the bottom layer. I added a strip of the green cardstock between the embossed area and the patterned paper. The sentiment is from Verve. The inside says, "a speedy recovery."

I sure haven't been doing much posting to my blog, for sure - haven't made any new cards. But, my stamping room keeps getting a little bit more organized. And our Christmas shopping is almost done. (We don't have a lot of people to buy for.) And the Christmas cards (80) are all ready to go out except for the Christmas letter. So, I'm feeling pretty good about those things! Maybe we can get decorated for Christmas this week and then sit back, relax and enjoy the holiday season!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I'm sure your friend will appreciate getting the card. I love that tree from the "Lovely As A Tree" SU set! I have that set too and it's one I won't part with.

Patti J said...

I have always loved this tree, and it’s perfect for a masculine greeting! The Verve sentiment is beautiful, as well! Am addressing cards this week! Hope to mail by end of week, but will depend on what the Dr. says on weds. Feeling a bit better, but still so weak. Thanks for sharing!!!

bonnie32002 said...

This is a perfect masculine card, well done!

Cheryl W said...

This is a super get well card for a guy! I'm so impressed that you are nearly ready for Christmas. I still have lots of cards to make, a few gifts to buy, etc. I'm diligently working on all of it, though!