Sunday, December 10, 2023

Blue Snowflakes

I think I have come up with a new technique, but I'm not sure. At least I have never seen it before that I can recall. Not sure how I like it, anyway. I cut the snowflakes out of copy paper and placed them on an inked up embossing folder (from Sizzix) before embossing with it, and then removed them. At first I didn't think they were defined enough, but I think I do like them now. The sentiment is from Gina K and is popped up on foam squares.
I put the snowflakes in the folder again to make another one and noticed that they got darker with more ink. So I glued them on.
And for this one, I used a piece of cardstock that I had cleaned my brayer on. I glued some copy paper snowflakes on it and ran it through my machine to embed them.

This may be all I post until after Christmas. I'm not sure I'll have any more time in my stamping room. The calendar is pretty full! But, on the other hand, things are mostly under control so maybe I'll get a chance to play!


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

4 comments:

Cheryl W said...

What a creative idea, Lynette! I've never heard of any technique like that either, so I think it's safe to say we can call this the "Lynette Technique!" I really like how your cards turned out--all three of them--so now you've got me thinking of any other ways we might use the Lynette technique. My Christmas prep is pretty well under control, but I still have a fair amount to do. I've only started my cookie baking (I give lots of them away, so I need to make lots), and I have just a few gifts to wrap. The ones that had to be mailed have been sent and all the cards have also been mailed.

Wanda said...

All three are beautiful. I LOVE snowflake cards.

Liz said...

Beautiful cards, I love the embossing folder you’ve used for this technique. xx

Leslie Miller said...

Well, that's interesting! You've always been good with inky embossing folders. Love this take. The last one is mine and I love it!