Tuesday, December 12, 2023

New (to Me) Technique

Oops!! I accidentally scheduled two posts for today. Dang! :-) Please scroll down to see another new one.

I saw an Altenew video on this technique and then saw it someplace else, and I thought I should try it. It's pretty cool, and simple, too. You emboss with a folder, and then ink blend the color on the debossed side. After you are done adding the color, you use a black ink pad direct to paper and go over the top surface. I also added some Copic marker coloring to this first one (flower centers, beaks, feet) and some white dots with a gel pen to the second one. The folders are from Altenew and the sentiment is from Papertrey Ink.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

6 comments:

Cheryl W said...

That technique resulted in some beautiful cards! I need to give it a try, but maybe not until after Christmas. I've just got too many irons in the fire right now. LOL

Wanda said...

So pretty. I do need to give this a try. You did a fabulous job with it.

Anonymous said...

Love those cards!
Gloria

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

These cards are gorgeous! The colors are so vibrant!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh. My. GOSH! These cards are amazing! I'm bookmarking in my techniques folder so I can try it. What gorgeous embossing folders. WOW, Lynette!

JD/ Jill said...

You made some lovely careds using this technique. I love it...Cheryl w left a comment on m y blog that she did one too. and refereed a link to go your blog. I am on my third card using it.