Saturday, July 27, 2024

Patterned Cardstock Cards

I have no idea why, but every once in a while, I get an email from Michael's giving me a five-dollar voucher. It's not because I've earned a "reward," since I don't spend any money there. But, I do like to spend the voucher. We went camping "up north" last weekend, and the mosquitos were HORRIBLE!!! So, we went into town to have some ice cream and get away from the mosquitos. Well, they had a Michael's, so we went there, too. And they had exactly what I was hoping for - a 12 x 12 pad of patterned cardstock for - you guessed it - five dollars! I don't even get charged tax on it, so it's completely free. Can't beat that! So, I have my routine. First I take all the sheets out of tablet form. I sort out the smaller patterned ones and set them aside. I put the ones that need cutting aside and one or two sheets that I know I won't use/can't really cut down, and I set them aside for a scrapbooking friend. Then I cut the sheets apart that need it. Here are six cards that I made using some of the cut-apart pieces. All of the stamped sentiments are from Gina K. All of the papers, including matting and borders, are from the stack that I just got. I made two of each of these cards.

There are a very few sheets that have gold foil on them. I used a thin border piece cut in half for the edges of this card. The "HELLO" was also included. It's popped up on foam squares. You can see the gold better in this photo.





Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Wanda said...

Great find at Michaels. I got the same voucher (and didn't earn it) and of course I had to go but I stayed away from the stamping area! I did check out some yarn and I did go to the beading section, though I was on a mission for a particular item (which I did not find but managed to spend the voucher on other items and more - that's why they give you the voucher because most people can not just spend $5. Your cards are lovely.

Cheryl W said...

LOVE all of these! They're all so pretty. You're so organized to separate the pages of your paper stacks like that. It has never occured to me to do that, but I'm sure it helps you to get the most out of every stack.

Leslie Miller said...

Love your idea for organizing and using this beautiful paper. Lovely cards!