Friday, July 5, 2024

Valentine's Day in July

I'm continuing to use items from the little kit that I recently received from SCT. The top panel was just black and white and then I colored the hearts with three different colors of Copic markers. I simply matted it with black. The sentiment had been sitting on my table. I got the stamp from somewhere and had tried it out and let it sit out. I matted that, also, and popped it up on foam squares.

I am very seriously thinking about stopping blogging. My cards are all so simple and it seems like I'm always just trying to "use up something." The thing about blogging, though, is that it keeps me in touch with a few people that I worry I would lose contact with. Life is so busy, especially in the summer with golf and pickleball and now biking. And of course family and friends. I will probably keep sharing, but maybe not EVERYTHING like I do now. We'll see. :-)

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please don’t quit!! You inspire me so much and the calendars are the best!

Wanda said...

Cute card and a fun kit!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Cute Valentine paper and you're way ahead of schedule to use it. :) I've actually been thinking about discontinuing my blog too.

Liz said...

Beautiful card Lynette, great idea to colour the hearts.

I hope you don’t stop blogging. I think many of us are busier in the summer with other things so perhaps blog less often. Blogging is a good way to keep in touch with other bloggers and also get lots on inspiration from other blogs. A friend of mine stopped blogging a few years ago, which resulted in her losing her mojo to make cards. She makes very few cards now. xx

Cheryl W said...

Very cute Valentine. I love seeing your cards, so I hope you keep blogging. I like reading bits and pieces about your life, too. Maybe blog just once a week? I don't share everything I make - it would be overwhelming. I do photograph momst everything, so I can see what I've made, but I try not to blog more than three times a week.