Thursday, May 6, 2021

Ancient Gina K Flowers


Both of these cards use old Gina K rubber stamps. I colored each of them with markers directly on the rubber stamp. The sentiment on each of them is from Papertrey Ink. The patterned paper on this first one is really old Stampin' Up! I added thin strips of brown cardstock to each side of the image panel.

The patterned paper on this second one is from Gina K. I matted the image panel and also the sentiment panel and added thin strips of black to the edges. Also, I had used white cardstock for the image and sentiment, then decided to use this patterned paper, which has ivory and not white. So, I brushed on just a very light coat of sandy-colored ink.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Doreen said...

Two gorgeous cards.xxx

Glittered Paws said...

Very pretty - I am partial to the second one as I love purples. Two very pretty cards.

Anonymous said...

These are very pretty cards!! The first one is my favorite because it is so clean and simple. But, I also like the second one because I like the way you used the patterned paper. I'm one of those crafters who has a really huge stash of patterned paper and I seldom use any of it. My main fear of it is very legitimate because I have a very rare eye disease that is causing me to lose my eyesight and as it dwindles away, I have lost my ability to see colors accurately. Thus, I fear that I can't match the colors in the patterned paper properly with stamped images and solid color cardstock. I'm VERY lucky that my husband is great with color mixing and matching so I can ask him for help, but I don't want to bother him all the time so I have pretty much just stopped making cards since I have lost so much of my eyesight. Maybe I'll have to become the clean and simple black and white card maker and forget about all the beautiful colors I have always loved so much.

Cheryl W said...

Two really nice cards for sad occasions. We all need to have them on hand, and I like to make them ahead, too. I like the clean and simple design of the first one, and I think a soft pink is a very soothing color.

Leslie Miller said...

I love when old stamps are used. I always say I'm not going to buy more, but catch up with the NBUS and then have a heyday with my old stamps, but it never seems to happen. I'll keep saying it. You have two very pretty cards, including the papers, and I love the stamps!