Friday, May 28, 2021

Happy Birthday, Jonah!

I've seen this style of card around different places, and finally decided to make one. It was surprisingly easy! This is for our grandson, Jonah, who will be eight on the 31st. The papers are all from the same paper pad - an oldie that I got at Michael's many years ago. The sentiment is from a Maya Road set. The little monsters are from the same paper stack. 

Edited to add: Here is a link to the video I watched to make this card. I'm sure there are other places as well.

I think I'm going to be taking a break for a while. I just don't have time to spend in my stamping room, it seems. Always somethings going on. We bought season passes for golf, and I'm golfing just as much as I can! We still haven't played even one game of pickleball, though. :-(


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

Chris said...

What a fun, unique card! Do you know the name of the fold/technique that was used to make it? Would love to make some for my grandkids! Enjoy your little vacation from crafting! Chris lynch

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Lynette, that is a great card for your grandson! I've seen those cards before and never attempted one. You said it was pretty easy so I may have to give it a try.....sometime.

Sometimes life just requires "taking a break". With nicer weather hopefully coming it's understandable that you want to spend time golfing.......a talent I never acquired. :)

Cheryl W said...

I love those monsters and their wild expressions! Your grandson is going to love the special fold, too. I think its building-block style is perfect for an 8-year-old. This is really a super birthday card, Lynette. Enjoy your break from papercrafting. Life is definitely too short to spend a beautiful Minnesota summer inside. After Father's Day, I'm going to try to cut back on my cardmaking, too.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, this is fantastic! Your grandsons always get the cutest cards. Super kid paper with the monsters. This is a hard time to keep stamping and blogging. We have our hands full and I don't see an end to it, but I'm still trying to make cards, as well. Having my cake and eating it, too, you know. Can't stop! Have fun, Lynette!

Glittered Paws said...

How cute is this - I am so happy that you made one - after you make one they are really pretty easy. This is great with the monsters, I am sure your grandson will lovehis birthday card. Enjoy your vacation from "stamping and blogging" for a while and enjoy the summer.