Sunday, May 9, 2021

Thanks, and Keep in Touch

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there!

I stamped these images the same time that I stamped the images for Monday's card. These are the ones that I didn't like for that card. On this first one, I stamped the images (from Gina K) on vellum. I added the patterned paper strips (more ancient Stampin' Up!) above and below, along with thin black strips. Then I stamped the sentiment (from Papertrey Ink). However, I was using my MISTI and I managed to get a black smudge on the top part of the patterned paper. I tried removing it with a sand eraser, but had no luck. So, I added another black strip. Would have been better without it, but this is better than the black smudge!
After stamping on the vellum, I used the same inking to stamp this panel. I added scored lines to it, and then matted with green. This sentiment is from the same Papertrey set.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

3 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Nice save on the smudge! I think both your cards look great. I have always liked the scored lines you often add as a finishing touch.

Leslie Miller said...

These are the prettiest, most delicate images. Good save on the smudge. Wish I could say that never happens to me. Sometimes it works out for the better. I think both cards look perfect!

Glittered Paws said...

You know there are no mistakes in stamping - just opportunity to add an embellishment, and you covered it up very nicely. I keep a sand eraser in front of me at all times, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't LOL. Very pretty card.