Tuesday, May 18, 2021

New-to-me Fold


I received a Mother's Day card from a stamping friend, and I loved the layout. I don't think I had seen one like this. (Thanks, Donna!) So, of course I had to make one. I decided to go Christmas. The papers I used are from Gina K. I added a die-cut snowflake (with three layers for dimension) and a sentiment. I see that the belly band is on there crooked, but I'm too lazy to take a new picture!

EDITED TO ADD: Start with a piece of cardstock that is 5 1/2 inches by 11 inches. Score at 1 1/4, 5 1/2 and 9 1/4 inches. If you want to make sure to score it the best way for folding, do the first two on the same side, then score the last one on the back. Make your belly band any size you'd like. I hope that helps!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon!

5 comments:

R's Rue said...

Beautiful 😍

Glittered Paws said...

Fun folds are my favorite - and always looking for a new one. I really like this one and looks like you are getting a good start on your Christmas cards.

Suzy said...

Can you give us the measurements of the paper and where to crease the paper to make the fold? I'm fold challenged! Thank you for sharing that card. Nice job Donna!

Cheryl W said...

Pretty card! I like the special fold, too. It looks like you may have had to use 12" cardstock for the base, unless you made the card a little narrower than the usual 4 1/4". this card would be a good way to use up some of those scraps of Christmas papers.

Leslie Miller said...

All those pretty snowflake papers! Cool fold. You're so good with the folds.